Margaret Dyer Workshop Pastels



All Dressed In White pastel on paper, 26 x 20 inches (66 x 51 cm)



Hued Nude in Profile pastel on paper, 26 x 20 inches (66 x 51 cm)



Hued Nude from Back pastel on paper, 26 x 20 inches (66 x 51 cm)

I attended an interesting workshop this weekend given by Margaret Dyer and painted with pastels for the first time. For a couple of years I have been following Margaret's work as she produced one stunningly beautiful pastel after another, so when an opportunity came up for a workshop within driving distance I signed up, and I'm glad I did. Margaret's approach is unique, I think, also fairly easy to pass on to others in its specificity. The obvious thing one notices about her images is the luscious, rich and complicated color, but the pieces would not work without the underlying structure of a superbly drawn figure.

Comments

Popular Posts