Pow-wow



Every once in a while I have to put on my sculptor's hat again, even though I may not want to. These copies of a bust I did for the Washington Redskins football team years ago were ordered by someone in the family of the team's owner, a friend and loyal patron of mine. This little job involved quite a few hours of unrewarding but exacting work. I told my patron that I got into sculpture because I was so good with my hands and I thought my mechanical ability to work with my hands would give me an advantage over other artists. I believe the reason I got to be so handy was because I grew up in a family of three females and a father who was physically disabled, so I ended up doing most of the handyman chores around the house. Isn't it amazing how such chance circumstances steer our lives in various directions, willy-nilly?

Comments

Popular Posts