Busy week

I have been doing a lot of painting this week and have not kept up with my blog posts, so I will lump all the work together in one post.

I became fascinated with Olga's beautiful head and face and allowed the head to grow out of proportion with the body. It is still not a great likeness, but I'm getting there. Olga will be back next week and I think I will get a fresh start with a new painting.


I'm calling this painting "Nicole Suffering" because poor Nicole experiences frequent debilitating migraines. She is an opera singer. I was not thrilled with the whole figure painting I started with, so I added the larger scale portrait study, resulting in a more interesting composition, I think.





This drawing has some good qualities but I lapsed into my old habit of attenuating the figure. I will revisit the subject in the future.


I was not able to do justice to the painting in photographing it. That bilious yellow is something the camera came up with, not I.




Livia is an excellent model and delightful person who everybody seems to love. She is Polish with a charming accent, and I would guess in her sixties, but with the breasts of a twenty-five-year-old!

Comments

Popular Posts