Mortification in Georgetown

Yesterday I set up my tripod easel on the sidewalk at the corner of 31st and M in Georgetown. When I touched the canvas with the tip of my brush the canvas seemed to move away from me, then it kept moving away and I realized, to my horror, that the easel was collapsing. Fortunately, all of the well-heeled pedestrians in the way of the collapsing easel were alert and agile enough to be able to skip safely away from the cascade of paint, mineral spirits and alkyd medium. I was able to get most of the mess cleaned up with rags, elbow grease, and the application of additional mineral spirits. I have a new tripod on order, one meant for oil painting rather than photography.

Judy Levey, a fellow student from Walt Bartman's painting classes, was painting nearby and the only problem she had to deal with was interruptions by chatty onlookers. I think she is too approachable! Here is a link to Judy's blog: http://judygilbertlevey.blogspot.com/

Comments

Jody said…
oh my lord, almost your worst nightmare!!!

Popular Posts